News: **If you're a Business**. Please do not post info about your company or business services unless you are permitted to do so
by the Admin. This rule has not been enforced much in the past, but with more paid vendors now, it has to be fair to them.
You can contact 'mrnuke' on the forum how to become a Supporting Vendor on the forum or an Advertiser. Thank You --Admin

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Yearly Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Author Topic: My last summer in CT!  (Read 788 times)

Online joelcramer

• Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
Re: My last summer in CT!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2023, 10:46:42 AM »
Good for you! I wish I could get out of this godforsaken place.

The thing that really irks me is knowing that leaving generally doesn't hurt the "state". If you are a working taxpaying dude who owns a home typically your house is sold to someone with commiserate income who replaces you on the tax rolls and continues to feed the beast. I'm sure the politicians know this and have little worries that the revenue will come in.
Not true when they can actually count the difference between those who move in and those who move out of the state. Also generally those leaving are the most productive. I am not leaving to punish CT. I am leaving to make my life better. No need to care about what I leave behind.
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
JBear,
No reactions
No reactions

Online Ed95Pont

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2023, 11:40:00 AM »
Congrats on the move.

We are actively looking to move to the same area, We drug our feet a  little on a house last week in Crawford Tn. We were just a little apprehensive. It may have been a little to remote. Our current home was bult in 1800. I do not want another old home.  I may buy a lot and build Planning another road trip next month in our Motorhome.   I am 3-5 years away from retirement but may still be ahead of the game leaving know between the taxes and utility cost.
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online richief

• Highly Active Member
  • Dubbed "Fringe O Fringe" by Holier than thou D.M.
    • youtube
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2023, 01:42:56 PM »
Good for you! I wish I could get out of this godforsaken place.

The thing that really irks me is knowing that leaving generally doesn't hurt the "state". If you are a working taxpaying dude who owns a home typically your house is sold to someone with commiserate income who replaces you on the tax rolls and continues to feed the beast. I'm sure the politicians know this and have little worries that the revenue will come in.

I didn’t think my leaving would make a difference to Ct., and folks did fill my shoes, I am just glad it isn’t me as a cog in the Commies wheel any longer. It would be just if they would learn a lesson but that is Laughable, especially in a city that the Mayor gets jailed for running a crimminal enterprise, costs the city millions in law suits and they reelect him as soon as he gets out of prison. Thanks Joe Ganim. I don’t think about it much now, but turned my stomach paying ten G’s a year prop tax to the Democrat Mafia back then. Nowadays i just worry bout keeping ahead of seasonal chores a d maintaining 137ac. A Country Boy can Survive.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 01:52:19 PM by richief »
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“Statesman, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand.'
John Adams

Online Blaster

• Highly Active Member
  • Don't tread on me.
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2023, 06:43:53 PM »
I didn’t think my leaving would make a difference to Ct., and folks did fill my shoes, I am just glad it isn’t me as a cog in the Commies wheel any longer. It would be just if they would learn a lesson but that is Laughable, especially in a city that the Mayor gets jailed for running a crimminal enterprise, costs the city millions in law suits and they reelect him as soon as he gets out of prison. Thanks Joe Ganim. I don’t think about it much now, but turned my stomach paying ten G’s a year prop tax to the Democrat Mafia back then. Nowadays i just worry bout keeping ahead of seasonal chores a d maintaining 137ac. A Country Boy can Survive.

You are living the Dream!
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline bobski

• Highly Active Member
  • Retired Military Aviation
    • Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2023, 05:04:29 AM »
for those new guys coming out to the expanse of the south/west...fyi, METH is the big thing, so be careful. going to the country for privacy isn't just for honest people. when business is low, they hit houses a lot.
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NRA Distinguished Pistol
Former Member Navy Shooting Team
Range Owner, Hay Farmer

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2023, 11:30:35 AM »
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Ed95Pont

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #36 on: Today at 07:14:53 PM »
Reading this thread inspired us to get it Done,

We will be joining you in Tennessee. We bought a house on just under 11 acres. It is new, Just dried in (roofed and sided). We will park our motorhome there and finish it over the next year or so. Flying down Sunday for inspection. Close in a few weeks.
friendly
funny
informative
dislike
NoSht
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal