News: **If you're a Business**. Please do not post info about your company or business services unless you are permitted to do so
by the Admin. This rule has not been enforced much in the past, but with more paid vendors now, it has to be fair to them.
You can contact 'mrnuke' on the forum how to become a Supporting Vendor on the forum or an Advertiser. Thank You --Admin

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Time to cancel your ArmsList if you actually pay for a personal account  (Read 239 times)

Online dbct23

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
I know a few people here sell on Armslist also and frequently sneak in the email or phone number to text. Just an FYI, that isn't going to help anymore if you're trying to reach potential buyers that don't want to pay Armslist just to contact sellers. You can't tell when logged in, but when not logged in the ad details are all blurred out, so non-paying browsers can't see the price or description of your listings.. The only listings not blurred out to non-subscribers are the FFL/Businesses.

Armslist has just made themselves completely worthless.

Online K. Soze

• Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Re: Time to cancel your ArmsList if you actually pay for a personal account
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 01:23:12 PM »
Thats crazy. I havent been on armslist in a good while but i know i always filtered out dealers/premium vendors.

Now they dont even give you the option to select “private party”.

Thats unfortunate, it was a decent enough marketplace for local listings in the past.

I do know there were a shit ton of scammers and id get emails all the time, maybe thats part of the reason to make it a pay service??

Online dbct23

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 01:28:42 PM »
I do know there were a shit ton of scammers and id get emails all the time, maybe thats part of the reason to make it a pay service??
Yeah, there were definitely a ton of scammers, but there are ways to combat that other than making potential buyers pay just to read an item description or even see an item price.  I think that as the paying personal account subscribers slowly start to figure it out we'll see this become more of a business advertising platform - which is already what most of the CT listings are anyway.

Online BishopofBling

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 04:47:30 PM »
If arms list really wanted to make money they'd just copy GBs platform and offer buyer protection. If they just charge people to open an account to buy and sell you can just buy guns from a private party somewhere else in the country and have it shipped to your FFL/C&R. The one annoying thing about GB now is taxes, shipping and the cut that GB takes and armslist can skip all that.

Online bobski

• Retired Military Aviation
    • Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 08:02:47 PM »
the rebirth of the LGS is upon us once again. internet auctions and gun sales have spiked and are on the 'ebay' down slide.
NRA Distinguished Pistol
Former Member Navy Shooting Team
Range Owner, Hay Farmer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal