News: **** New feature for SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIPS & VENDORS ONLY ****
Your classifieds ads will be cross-posted on our facebook page.
It will link directly to it but no price will be shown.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Norm Macdonald, Comedian and Former ‘SNL' Cast Member, Dies at 61  (Read 95 times)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
frack cancer. Takes another one.

Norm Macdonald, Comedian and Former ‘SNL' Cast Member, Dies at 61
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/norm-macdonald-comedian-and-former-snl-cast-member-dies-at-61/3271686/

Norm Macdonald, an influential comedian known for anchoring the Weekend Update desk on "Saturday Night Live," has died.

The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him at the time of his death Tuesday, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy. He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”

Macdonald started as a comedian in his native Canada, moving to the United States in the early 1990s and becoming a cast member on “Saturday Night Live.”

Macdonald was at his peak anchoring “Weekend Update,” where he had a habit of shocking viewers with his jokes, especially in regard to Michael Jackson’s private life and the O.J. Simpson trial.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online nutter

• Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Re: Norm Macdonald, Comedian and Former ‘SNL' Cast Member, Dies at 61
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 09:36:55 PM »
I didn’t get him but he was highly respected amongst comedians!  Hate to see people in my age range die …. But that is life

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
Re: Norm Macdonald, Comedian and Former ‘SNL' Cast Member, Dies at 61
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 04:52:48 AM »
I had no idea he was that old, I thought he was late 40's. I guess I never did the math.
I will miss his uncommonly based perspectives unapologetically rolled into the lap of whatever far-left wackaloon he's inoffensively bantering with.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.
-richief

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
And now, I'm watching Dirty Work.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.
-richief

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal