News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Who's shooting today?  (Read 53438 times)

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
Re: Who's shooting today?
« Reply #440 on: August 30, 2020, 10:05:56 PM »
I'm busy and haven't had any time for shooting lately, but......

My wife wanted to throw out a watermelon.  I forgot to take it to the dump so I blasted it at home with a 12 gauge.  Fun times!

Online MrNuke

• Administrator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Go Big or go Home..
    • GUNTALK.CLUB Firearms Forum
« Reply #441 on: August 30, 2020, 11:03:39 PM »
Actually snuck off to the range today.

Fun times.
CT's Hottest Guns and Firearms, Laws, Range Info, Politics, News and Events Social Site.

Online Bottom Rung

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #442 on: August 30, 2020, 11:46:38 PM »
Are those new production m1s or wartime classics?   Im sitting on some ammo and i’d love an m1 but the new ones are hard to find, as most things are now days.  I found an inland but its the sniper version with the scope for $1800.  Im a fan of the 1945 version

The top one is a USGI National Postal Meter Carbine. It was a Blue Sky import.  I shot it for a while, then I sent it off to Fulton Armory for a new barrel, inspection, refinish (metal work) and trigger job.

The bottom one is a new production Fulton Armory.  Well worth the money considering what is available in the M1 Carbine market.  For new production, I only recommend Fulton.  I read James River was supposed to make a decent gun, but I haven’t really seen too many reviews.  Auto Ordnance/Kahr M1 Carbines have always been substantially sub standard in my opinion. The new Inland guns appear to be very hit or miss. Some are really good and then others have problems.  :dunno:

Offline SirWilliam

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #443 on: September 01, 2020, 08:52:15 PM »
I have looked at the AMT’s but never followed through.  The closest “affordable” option for a .30 Carbine handgun seems to be a Ruger Blackhawk.  I would like to acquire a handgun in that caliber eventually.
I had a AMT to complement my QH/Standard Products M1s and 3 screw Blackhawk. It was a LOUD fire breathing beast but every time I brought it out it made me nervous knowing parts for it are made of Unobtanium and the replacement cost of the gun was beyond my comfort level, so I passed it along to another collector. Fun gun if you can buy one right

Bill

The following users thanked this post: Bottom Rung

Online Bottom Rung

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2020, 12:20:16 AM »
I appreciate the heads up on the nature of AMT parts availability.

Offline CTSixshot

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2020, 05:07:07 PM »
Well, markets are closed. Might as well step outside and ring some steel with the frangible rifle rounds.
Yee haa!

Online Bottom Rung

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2020, 10:26:14 PM »
I was able to grab some range time today with Triton186.  It was good to meet another CTGTer.  Good times at the range with the M1 Carbines and a Tikka T1x. Great weather too.

Online triton186

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »
I was able to grab some range time today with Triton186.  It was good to meet another CTGTer.  Good times at the range with the M1 Carbines and a Tikka T1x. Great weather too.

good times for sure!  it was great meeting ya.  thanks again for the opportunity for a hands on try before on buy. that carbine is great.  i just have to decide on the model and options, but i'll be ordering one for sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal