News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Defensive and frangible ammunition will be available @ Smith Tactical.  (Read 296 times)

Online Masked

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
As of October, I'll be offering custom defensive ammunition for 556/300blk/762.

Alongside with the defensive ammunition, I'll have frangible ammunition available for LEO departments and whoever wants it in 556/300blk and 762.

I sort of fell into a situation that gives me access to very special and exclusive defensive product. I'll be allowed to sell my overrun which, will be substantial.

I'll be offering custom defense rounds for 300BLK/556 and 308.

I guarantee that no other ammo manufacturer on the market will be able to match the performance of these rounds.

For 300BLK the expansion rate is absolutely insane both supersonic and subsonic will be available.

I'll be offering an 80gr super designed for close quarters, a 120gr super designed for distance, a 195/208 designed for subsonics and devastators designed for subsonics.

For 556 the bullets actually engage in double penetration of the target - The cone splits and the base hits.

For the 556 everything is super, I'll be offering a 40/50/60/70gr offerings. @3000fps.

For 308 the energy dispersion on contact results in EXTENSIVE damage to the target. Dual penetration.

We're looking at 140/150/160 - @2750+ fps.

The bullets are custom machined, there is no lead present in these bullets - Green rounds.

Due to the cost of the bullets, themselves, each round will be around $2.50 - Because each round will cost around $2.50, I'm selling them by 10s.

These will have to be pre-ordered and will take @ 2 weeks to manufacture into loaded product due to how they're machined.

I know a lot of you guys have been talking about defensive ammo and how there's really nothing "that good" available.

This shit will blow your mind. I saw a demonstration of the 300blk and if you know me, I REALLY don't get impressed by much - I'm actually excited to manufacture this product.

As for frangible - I've been approached by a BUNCH of LEO departments for a match grade frangible round. I heard you and it's happening. I know adaptation into 300blk by LEO hasn't happened yet so, it will be offered in 556 and 308.

I have a conference call scheduled to get pricing details on the bullets - Until I get that information, I cannot even guess about what the price will be.

Still hoping to open early - mid September.

If anyone knows you want ammunition and what you want, let me know - That way I can get it started for you.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:18:36 AM by Masked »
FFL 07 + SOT located in Oxford CT
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

Online MrNuke

• Administrator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Go Big or go Home..
    • GUNTALK.CLUB Firearms Forum
Re: Defensive and frangible ammunition will be available @ Smith Tactical.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:28:33 AM »
Wow, interesting ammo. Will there be Gel tests or anything to show the ballistics?
CT's Hottest Guns and Firearms, Laws, Range Info, Politics, News and Events Social Site.

Online Masked

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:33:23 AM »
Wow, interesting ammo. Will there be Gel tests or anything to show the ballistics?

Gel is stupid expensive. I've been trying to find someone with the molds so, I just have to buy the gel, itself. No luck so far.

A gel ballistic company actually just reached out to me.

The answer is yes. Before production - Shooting for mid-late September.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:42:40 AM by Masked »
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

sludwinjr

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
alright......  blow my mind....  ;D

i may be in for some   556 self defense ammo.... 

will keep an eye out

Offline Andrew06

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 03:28:33 PM »
Defensive subsonic 300 blackout would be interesting

Not a lot of options out there

Online Masked

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 04:25:57 PM »
I'm going to have many variants in 300blk.

There are going to be "butterflies" that open on direct impact - Much like hunting arrows.

There are going to be bullets that, on direct impact, splinter out while the core makes a primary impact.

I'm going to offer a round, in subsonic, that mushrooms further than current 308 bullets.

300BLK is where the most variation exists because I can guarantee an impact radius within 400yds.

It'll be well worth the cost, believe me.
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal