News: **** New feature for SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIPS & VENDORS ONLY ****
Your classifieds ads will be cross-posted on our facebook page.
It will link directly to it but no price will be shown.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Bullseye shooter looking for clarity on "Olympic Pistol" regulations  (Read 263 times)

Offline LewBlock

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: Bullseye shooter looking for clarity on "Olympic Pistol" regulations
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 06:41:44 PM »
Who is your team? Please tell more of your team, where from, the FFL you're asking, and yourself. Why are you now asking us and checking round your team? Which Olympic or shooting matches have you been in? High school, college, SSA or CMP... or other?

Sorry to call you out just these are the little things which are important, We can tell you who to contact to get more decisive information with this.

I shoot for Metacon (Simsbury) in the Metropolitan Revolver League. I am a 250/260 shooter, now that the kids are grown I am back into bullseye. I have never been in the Olympics, and never will be, just an okay Bullseye guy who wants a better gun than the Hi-Standard that I've been shooting.

My FFL says he's never done an Olympic Pistol transfer, and the guys on the team who own Olympic pistols have had them since before 2015 when these regulations came into place.

I am asking now, because I have about 3/4 of the Pardini money saved up, and I want to be ready to buy a gun when the right time comes.

Online Masked

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
Re: Bullseye shooter looking for clarity on "Olympic Pistol" regulations
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 09:53:57 PM »
That’s tough.

I’d strongly suggest calling SLFU and talking to their supervisor.

I’m in an interesting position myself - They're considering Others to be pistols on some of our transfers, which puts us in a precarious position as far as selling them directly. Legally they’re not, but Slfu does what they want sometimes...Guess we’ll see what happens.

ATF just got caught in an interesting situation as well. There’s a firearm that exists, that literally has no classification what-so-ever and even though the ATF promised the paperwork would be ready 3 years ago, it’s not. So, you can legally own the firearm, but you can’t. - One of the examples is on ARFcoms need this week. There are 2 or 3 more in the same situation.