News: **** New feature for SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIPS & VENDORS ONLY ****
Your classifieds ads will be cross-posted on our facebook page.
It will link directly to it but no price will be shown.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Bookmarks 1 Bookmarks

Author Topic: Bullseye shooter looking for clarity on "Olympic Pistol" regulations  (Read 1498 times)

Offline LewBlock

• Standard Member
  • Pardini Bullseye Shooter
Re: Bullseye shooter looking for clarity on "Olympic Pistol" regulations
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 06:41:44 PM »
Who is your team? Please tell more of your team, where from, the FFL you're asking, and yourself. Why are you now asking us and checking round your team? Which Olympic or shooting matches have you been in? High school, college, SSA or CMP... or other?

Sorry to call you out just these are the little things which are important, We can tell you who to contact to get more decisive information with this.

I shoot for Metacon (Simsbury) in the Metropolitan Revolver League. I am a 250/260 shooter, now that the kids are grown I am back into bullseye. I have never been in the Olympics, and never will be, just an okay Bullseye guy who wants a better gun than the Hi-Standard that I've been shooting.

My FFL says he's never done an Olympic Pistol transfer, and the guys on the team who own Olympic pistols have had them since before 2015 when these regulations came into place.

I am asking now, because I have about 3/4 of the Pardini money saved up, and I want to be ready to buy a gun when the right time comes.

Online Masked

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 09:53:57 PM »
That’s tough.

I’d strongly suggest calling SLFU and talking to their supervisor.

I’m in an interesting position myself - They're considering Others to be pistols on some of our transfers, which puts us in a precarious position as far as selling them directly. Legally they’re not, but Slfu does what they want sometimes...Guess we’ll see what happens.

ATF just got caught in an interesting situation as well. There’s a firearm that exists, that literally has no classification what-so-ever and even though the ATF promised the paperwork would be ready 3 years ago, it’s not. So, you can legally own the firearm, but you can’t. - One of the examples is on ARFcoms need this week. There are 2 or 3 more in the same situation.

FFL 07 + SOT located in Oxford CT
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

Offline LewBlock

• Standard Member
  • Pardini Bullseye Shooter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 10:35:35 AM »
So on Friday, I received my Pardini SP 5" Bullseye edition.

The process is a little complicated, but not difficult. Pardini helped, I found an FFL who was happy to do the transfer, and it took less than two weeks from when I mailed the check to Florida, to when the gun was in my hands.

I am happy to share the process with anyone who would like to send me a Private Message here.

Best,

Lew

Online SJK2

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 10:52:31 AM »

The process is a little complicated, but not difficult. Pardini helped, I found an FFL who was happy to do the transfer, and it took less than two weeks from when I mailed the check to Florida, to when the gun was in my hands.

I am happy to share the process with anyone who would like to send me a Private Message here.

Best,

Lew

That's good news, Congratulations and enjoy your new purchase.........
Posting "Negative Karma" feedback under the guise of anonymity is just a “Girly-Man” thing to do. Man up & send a PM.!!!

Online nutter

• Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 12:44:13 PM »

Best,

Lew

Good on you for doing it!

Online Mustang

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 02:00:36 PM »

Best,

Lew

Congratulations! Good news indeed.
The greatest Danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal