News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: 2019-nCov Virus  (Read 18397 times)

Online BishopofBling

• PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #740 on: May 22, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
I'm betting schools will be closed in the Fall and will not open until we get a vaccine or a cure.  A friend of mine who teaches 4th grade was told to loop to 5th grade and follow her students to maintain continuity.  The school is planning on virtual learning in the Fall.

Luckily they got a few months to adapt their curriculum to online.

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
« Reply #741 on: May 22, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »
Yes, the schools have the summer to figure how how to brainwash the kids online instead of in person.

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #742 on: May 23, 2020, 09:03:04 AM »

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #743 on: May 23, 2020, 09:25:32 AM »

Online BishopofBling

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »

Even if China warned the world about the seriousness of COVID-19 would it have really mattered? Most states haven't even had the recommended 14-day drop in new cases and we're already reopening. Trump is even saying that we should reopen churches. An outbreak in Arkansas was traced to two asymptomatic people that attended church and got 35/92 attendees sick. It's crazy how politicians are trying to politicize this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-arkansas-coronavirus-outbreak-linked-to-2-church-goers-2020-5

I don't think anybody took this that seriously until it was way too late and we're guaranteed to get a second wave which might even be worse then the first. If they're going to reopen they at least should do it right like with what the South Koreans did and do contact tracing for those that tested positive or have antibodies. You get a smaller pool so you don't have to test as many people and you can reopen further.

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #745 on: May 23, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »
....If they're going to reopen they at least should do it right like with what the South Koreans did and do contact tracing for those that tested positive or have antibodies. You get a smaller pool so you don't have to test as many people and you can reopen further.

You will feel safer if you stay in your house for a year or two.  While you're at it ask to have a tracking device implanted in you.

Online nutter

• Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »
Tracing app- no fracking thanks

Online BishopofBling

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »

You will feel safer if you stay in your house for a year or two.  While you're at it ask to have a tracking device implanted in you.

Not that extreme, I don't really trust the government enough to have them use tracking devices. But, I think we should have some form of contact tracing when doing testing so we can get an idea about who was infected. Basically ask them what store they visited or if they visited a family member's house or something. If you go through with aggressive testing measures that incorporates some form of contact tracing then you can have a better idea about who has been infected and you can quarantine them for 2 weeks and have things go back to normal faster. Otherwise you really have two options; stay shutdown until we get a vaccine and ruin the economy or open stuff up and have people get sick and ruin the economy. With the latter you're going to get such a large wave of infections that you'll just go right back into lock down or if you don't enact a lock down then people will be too sick to go to work and we'll have shortages of goods which will probably just lead to social unrest. We weren't able to nip the outbreak in the bud like some other countries because the US government was twiddling their thumbs so I think those are really the only options we have.

COVID-19 is here to stay, unless we have herd immunity either because the virus burned itself out because it infected enough people or through a vaccine then we're not going to see a normal return to life for some time.

I should also clarify, I just found it funny that the Republicans like Ted Cruz were demonizing China for silencing whistleblowers who were trying to expose how serious this disease is to the world and these are the same Republicans who have not heeded any of the warnings given by health experts during this whole pandemic.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:19:44 PM by BishopofBling »

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2020, 08:34:51 PM »
Even if China warned the world about the seriousness of COVID-19 would it have really mattered? Most states haven't even had the recommended 14-day drop in new cases and we're already reopening. Trump is even saying that we should reopen churches. An outbreak in Arkansas was traced to two asymptomatic people that attended church and got 35/92 attendees sick. It's crazy how politicians are trying to politicize this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-arkansas-coronavirus-outbreak-linked-to-2-church-goers-2020-5

I don't think anybody took this that seriously until it was way too late and we're guaranteed to get a second wave which might even be worse then the first. If they're going to reopen they at least should do it right like with what the South Koreans did and do contact tracing for those that tested positive or have antibodies. You get a smaller pool so you don't have to test as many people and you can reopen further.

You can go get your chip implanted.

I will use reasonable precaution and take my chances. I only have a 94% chance of survival if I do get it.

Online Wrongthink

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2020, 10:06:52 PM »

It absolutely would have made a difference if China, the place of the outbreak, was honest [they weren't'] about person to person transmission of the virus. But here we are, and the US is in a bad way. If we do not reopen, we will not return to normal. We should be incredibly angry at China, but at the same time, we need to bear it.

I just find it funny that even among a gun community that has constantly been targeted by disinformation, there are people that buy into killing our country full line and sinker. The exact same arguments are being used to argue shutdown.... it's not safe.

If you want some info from the other side (and excuse the link to reddit b/c they are shit too).. https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal