News: **** New feature for SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIPS & VENDORS ONLY ****
Your classifieds ads will be cross-posted on our facebook page.
It will link directly to it but no price will be shown.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors


Forum Links

Bookmarks 1 Bookmarks

Author Topic: 2019-nCov Virus  (Read 38820 times)

Offline Flatulence

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2008
  • Posts: 2781
  • Karma: +4/-1
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #890 on: July 08, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »
Life is at your own risk. The gov should advise on what they think you should do but in the end it will and always should be your choice. I also take anything the gov says with a grain of salt, it is now a giant machine thats goal is to perpetuate itself rather than what it was intended to be by the framers.

Dont want the risk? Dont go out. It is really as simple as that.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 8956
 

Online imahangtia

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 14469
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #891 on: July 08, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
I said this weeks ago; quote me on it. You either let the economy open and shut down anyway which will still ruin the economy or you do an early lockdown and have some economic hardship but save more lives. .....



Go build a bunker and save yourself. 




 

Online edgephoto

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 2637
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #892 on: July 08, 2020, 11:17:29 PM »
This COVID is bad. Depending on where you look the fatality rate is 1.3-4.5 %. Think about it if you get the virus your chances of survival are dismal. You only have a 95.5% to 98.3% chance of surviving if you get it. Good thing we are shutting down the entire country and world.

 

Offline BishopofBling

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2020
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #893 on: July 09, 2020, 01:05:31 AM »
This COVID is bad. Depending on where you look the fatality rate is 1.3-4.5 %. Think about it if you get the virus your chances of survival are dismal. You only have a 95.5% to 98.3% chance of surviving if you get it. Good thing we are shutting down the entire country and world.

Funny enough, because CT shut down for two months we are actually able to open up the economy unlike some other states namely ones in the South and Southwest who didn't take the necessary precautions. So no one is saying shut down the economy unless you are a state that was dumb enough to reopen too quick without an precautions then you're probably going to get shut down again which is what we are seeing and is exactly what I predicted. Death rate is unclear for now as it always lags behind the amount of people who have been infected but I have a feeling it's higher than that. Either way it's not so much the death rate but if hospitals get overwhelmed and we have seen this time and time and again that if you don't prepare ahead of time then hospitals will get overwhelmed and more people will die than necessary.

What's happening in the South and Southwest is exactly what happened in New York and the Northeast a couple of months ago. People saw it in China and didn't take it seriously and people saw it in Italy and didn't take it seriously and look what happened once it reached the US.

I don't know why people in the United States think science is a political opinion. If people actually took the virus seriously and acted socially responsibly we wouldn't be in the predicament to retract reopenings. But nope everyone thinks they got the right to go to a crowded bar or not wear a mask in public spaces and now look where we are. NJ had to retract opening plans because a bunch of morons were going to crowded indoor dining restaurants with no masks.
 

Online JBear

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2016
  • Posts: 3419
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #894 on: July 09, 2020, 04:50:29 AM »
Yeah, none of these "spikes" had anything to do with hundreds or thousands of people "protesting" nonstop for the last month in giant puppy-pile orgies of ACAB nonsense. It was all because of stupid hick red states letting restaurants open too soon.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.
-richief
 

Online imahangtia

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 14469
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #895 on: July 09, 2020, 06:49:49 AM »
Funny enough, because CT shut down for two months we are actually able to open up the economy .....


I'm wondering if you own or work for a business that was shut down, and how much money you lost.

Don't forget about that bunker idea.  It isn't too late to save yourself.
 

Online Rockers809

  • Forum Contributor Pro
  • Senior Member
  • ***
  • Join Date: Oct 2017
  • Posts: 204
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #896 on: July 09, 2020, 07:25:52 AM »
Yeah, none of these "spikes" had anything to do with hundreds or thousands of people "protesting" nonstop for the last month in giant puppy-pile orgies of ACAB nonsense. It was all because of stupid hick red states letting restaurants open too soon.

The south is paying for their poor planning and lack of commonsense.  Wearing a mask should not be a political matter, is based on proven science that masks work.
"A golf course is the deliberate and willful misuse of a perfectly good rifle range."
 

Online imahangtia

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2013
  • Posts: 14469
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #897 on: July 09, 2020, 07:47:23 AM »
I want to see the numbers by age, race, activity, etc, etc....

I don't know anyone, nor anyone who knows anyone, who has been sick with other than a mild cold in the past 6 months.
 

Online Wrongthink

  • Active Member
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2018
  • Posts: 59
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #898 on: July 09, 2020, 08:44:56 AM »
The south is paying for their poor planning and lack of commonsense.  Wearing a mask should not be a political matter, is based on proven science that masks work.

I really don't get this hyper critical view of "the South" (Florida?) from around here, especially when you look at death counts for our tiny population vs Florida's. NY (Cuomo) is getting praised as leading the region in planning - yet their death counts absolutely dwarfs everyone. Yes, FL case counts are rising - but the average age of infection is dropping (according to Desantis,) meaning more survivors and reducing the mortality rate. Now, FL has a large aging population, so they need to do what they can to keep Corona out of those nursing homes and communities.

Regarding masks - I wouldn't call this settled science by any means. Numerous studies are not only questioning asymptomatic transmission
https://www.archivesofpathology.org/doi/pdf/10.5858/arpa.2020-0255-LE
but also the effectiveness of commonly used cloth masks.
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f0b3/1640fd555dfc32d44af2009bacc416273ef9.pdf
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/bmjopen/5/4/e006577.full.pdf
Anecdotally - the general pop is dumb... have you seen people wearing their masks? They constantly adjust and touch their face (oops, worse than wearing a mask in the first place!) Masks remind me of post 9/11 TSA procedures - they give a sense of mostly false security, but hey they do "something" so we're going to enforce it.
 
The following users thanked this post: Yeaitsslo, GULFVT

Offline BishopofBling

  • Highly Active Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2020
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: 2019-nCov Virus
« Reply #899 on: July 09, 2020, 12:19:02 PM »
Yeah, none of these "spikes" had anything to do with hundreds or thousands of people "protesting" nonstop for the last month in giant puppy-pile orgies of ACAB nonsense. It was all because of stupid hick red states letting restaurants open too soon.

Nobody is saying that but moron Democrat politicians and liberals. Why are people making this a political issue?

You can have an increase in cases because of protests AND letting restaurants, bars, etc' open too soon.
 

 


SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal