News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Former ATF Agent talks with CNN reporter.  (Read 411 times)

Online WaterRat

• PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: Former ATF Agent talks with CNN reporter.
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 09:18:28 AM »
Interesting,I took it as the ATF guy saying, "Don'y blame us for how you guys wrote the laws. Rewrite them if you don't want our advice."

Partially. Seems ATF is sticking its head in the sand when this guy talks to them about how they are misinterpreting the law. And yes, it's a shitilly (is shittily a word ?  :dunno:) written law. Perhaps it will be quickly remedied after getting blasted by CNN, but then, I'm afraid what kind of ridiculous crap they may change it to. I don't knows the ins-and-outs of a manufacturing license but it seems it would be fairly easy for the ATF and a manufacturer to agree on a critical part for each of their models or for a blanket part on common types (i.e. AR lower).

Online Fyrfytr998

• Highly Active Member
  • Be water my friend.
Re: Former ATF Agent talks with CNN reporter.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 09:47:54 PM »
Partially. Seems ATF is sticking its head in the sand when this guy talks to them about how they are misinterpreting the law. And yes, it's a shitilly (is shittily a word ?  :dunno:) written law. Perhaps it will be quickly remedied after getting blasted by CNN, but then, I'm afraid what kind of ridiculous crap they may change it to. I don't knows the ins-and-outs of a manufacturing license but it seems it would be fairly easy for the ATF and a manufacturer to agree on a critical part for each of their models or for a blanket part on common types (i.e. AR lower).

I wouldn't say it's the ATF with it's head in the sand. It's the politicians who try to use him as an expert then get results they didn't want. That's when he comes across as saying, "Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't write the laws."
Semper Fidelis

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal