News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Authorizing Number call in problem  (Read 2950 times)

Online nxprss

• Highly Active Member
  • Hello Everybody.
Re: Authorizing Number call in problem
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »
Would be nice to pay and pick up the next day... i bought a stripped lower a couple weeks back when they were good to go and took 45 mins to get an authorization number at 3 in the afternoon on a weekday... that weekend my friend went to pick up his lowers at a shop on a Saturday,  it took 2 hours and he got there at 9am!!
this waiting from the state sucks!!
I wanna pick up a new bolt action 22lr but with these busy signals from the state, I could wait a few months till it calms down....
Just a lousy way to lose business for the gun shops....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:29:24 PM by nxprss »

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2020, 09:23:52 PM »

Your friend or the dealer is lying. We got into big trouble when the state asked a question during an authorization and the person had left to get cash to pay for his item. Not to mention undated paperwork is a huge procedural nono.
In addition to getting a NICS check on an unsigned 4473. This is a reason why FFLs are revoked.

Online jeg18142

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »
Agreed. Thought the whole thing was really shady.

Online SJK2

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #93 on: Yesterday at 07:58:35 PM »
It's been a couple day's since a post on this thread. How is the procedure for authorizing working now.??

Has anyone heard of the FBI NICS system closing due to overload, hearing rumors of this from other areas of the country.??

Edit to add three threads talking about this:

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/second-amendment-gun-legislation-discussion/472156-nics-will-suspended-few-days.html

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/second-amendment-gun-legislation-discussion/472024-co-background-checks-exceeding-legal-time-limit.html

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/general-firearm-discussion/472134-nics-delay-significantly-backlogged.html

:dunno: :dunno:

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:23:57 PM by SJK2 »
Posting "Negative Karma" feedback under the guise of anonymity is just a “Girly-Man” thing to do. Man up & send a PM.!!!

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #94 on: Yesterday at 09:24:44 PM »
I don’t think any federal shutdown will effect is in CT because the State Police are our point of contact.