News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Big bullets, primers, cases for small eyes.  (Read 144 times)

Offline CTSixshot

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
Big bullets, primers, cases for small eyes.
« on: March 23, 2020, 04:44:22 PM »
What a joy reloading .44 Magnum and .45 Colt. Easy to handle everything and I can see it all very clearly.
I'd sure hate to be reloading .25 ACP!

Online Bottom Rung

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: Big bullets, primers, cases for small eyes.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:50 PM »
My order of 225gr Acme bullets came in the other day.  Now I’m just waiting for my dies to come from Midway.  Then I will be able to enjoy reloading .45 LC as well.

The reloading press has made the lights over my bench seem dimmer, though. Strange.  I was sorting through some miscellaneous brass the other day. I came across a few .25 ACP and 5.7x28 and I don’t think I would want to try reloading for those.  Yet, I still would like to get a .22 Hornet someday, which would be equally frustrating due to its size.

There sure is a lot to fumble with when reloading, so when one fumble point is minimized it is greatly appreciated. 

Offline CTSixshot

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
Re: Big bullets, primers, cases for small eyes.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:51:39 AM »
For the Hornet and other small calibers, you might want to obtain a seating die that has the bullet alignment collet. Hornady dies have it, as do some bench rest grade dies (Bonanza, etc.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal