News: **If you're a Business**. Please do not post info about your company or business services unless you are permitted to do so
by the Admin. This rule has not been enforced much in the past, but with more paid vendors now, it has to be fair to them.
You can contact 'mrnuke' on the forum how to become a Supporting Vendor on the forum or an Advertiser. Thank You --Admin

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Looking to buy M14/M1a USGI Parts  (Read 603 times)

Online nutter

• Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Re: Looking to buy M14/M1a USGI Parts
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 08:17:45 PM »
I am available every summer day to put my sr25 vs your m1a any day of the week- you let me know- we can work out the details

I am happy to eat crow so- all you have to do is show up!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:20:16 PM by nutter »

Online Masked

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 10:42:27 AM »
You're comparing apples to oranges.

The MK14 was never built to be the most accurate rig out there.

It was built as a 3 burst capable battle rifle...That could 'accurately' take down a target up to 500yds.

If you look at the number of EBR's that are 3 burst, it's in the 80%'s...NSWDG stopped pushing for Crane to do the conversion when we started to see the end of OEF. Unfortunately, that's what you see on the civilian side - Over the next few years, there will be a "surprising" number of those select-fire trigger groups, available.

Anyway, that's what they do - They "accurately" take down a target at 500yds with a burst...Call it a day. You will NOT find a better rifle that can accomplish that goal. It's a PIG at 12-15lbs to compensate for the burst. The piston system aligns itself to practically no recoil - BOOM BOOM BOOM within 1s and 2-3MOA @500? Good game.

I've been behind the HK417 on more than a few occasions, had an M110 for a while...I settled on the Armalite Super SASS in 2009 or so. Love my SASS.

I'm not a fan of KAC and the SR-25. Quite personally, I think they're insanely overpriced...I'll stop now, If I don't I'll go on a 10 minute rant about KAC...There's been no new technology on the SR-25 in quite some time which is the the HK 417 decimated KAC in the 2019 trials...

The SR-25 cannot handle a burst. It wasn't designed to. The deployed guys that have the select fire groups, will tell you they never use it because it's shit. It'll hop all over the place. It was designed to be a semi-auto version of the M24 that could handle rapid engagements at up to 1000yds - Which is exactly what it does.

Each weapon has it's place.

One is a battle rifle that's PROVEN itself in Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. Fires 3 burst, accurately and capably eliminates targets within 500yds.

The other is an "enhanced" AR-10. That is capable of engaging targets out to 1000yds.

They serve 2 very different purposes once properly equipped.
FFL 07 + SOT located in Oxford CT
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

Online nutter

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »
You're comparing apples to oranges.

The MK14 was never built to be the most accurate rig out there.

It was built as a 3 burst capable battle rifle...That could 'accurately' take down a target up to 500yds.

If you look at the number of EBR's that are 3 burst, it's in the 80%'s...NSWDG stopped pushing for Crane to do the conversion when we started to see the end of OEF. Unfortunately, that's what you see on the civilian side - Over the next few years, there will be a "surprising" number of those select-fire trigger groups, available.

Anyway, that's what they do - They "accurately" take down a target at 500yds with a burst...Call it a day. You will NOT find a better rifle that can accomplish that goal. It's a PIG at 12-15lbs to compensate for the burst. The piston system aligns itself to practically no recoil - BOOM BOOM BOOM within 1s and 2-3MOA @500? Good game.

I've been behind the HK417 on more than a few occasions, had an M110 for a while...I settled on the Armalite Super SASS in 2009 or so. Love my SASS.

I'm not a fan of KAC and the SR-25. Quite personally, I think they're insanely overpriced...I'll stop now, If I don't I'll go on a 10 minute rant about KAC...There's been no new technology on the SR-25 in quite some time which is the the HK 417 decimated KAC in the 2019 trials...

The SR-25 cannot handle a burst. It wasn't designed to. The deployed guys that have the select fire groups, will tell you they never use it because it's shit. It'll hop all over the place. It was designed to be a semi-auto version of the M24 that could handle rapid engagements at up to 1000yds - Which is exactly what it does.

Each weapon has it's place.

One is a battle rifle that's PROVEN itself in Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. Fires 3 burst, accurately and capably eliminates targets within 500yds.

The other is an "enhanced" AR-10. That is capable of engaging targets out to 1000yds.

They serve 2 very different purposes once properly equipped.

At the end of the day - they are both just toys. All rifles have pluses and minuses. You weigh them according to what matters for you.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, it’s a beautiful day !

Online Masked

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 12:05:47 PM »
I wasn't trying to knock your build or demean your choice of firearm.

To each their own.

The point that I was trying to make is that, properly equipped, every rifle has a role.

The SR25 has a strong role.

The M14 has a strong role.

The SR25 is going to be more accurate in single fire at any distance.

The M14 is going to be more accurate, in rapid fire at up to 500yds.

Personally, my ultimate M14 is a SOCOM, in a Juggernaut Chassis with the Select Fire setup...Sounds like a shit-ton of fun!
FFL 07 + SOT located in Oxford CT
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

Online nutter

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 02:22:49 PM »
 :banana:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal