News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Vehicle jump starters  (Read 261 times)

Online Yeaitsslo

• Highly Active Member
Re: Vehicle jump starters
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »
I have a boat i keep on lake zoar.   I NEVER leave the dock without my noco jump pack.  Ever.   It’s helped countless people at the sandbar who leave their radios on for too long.  It’s small and fits right into my bag with towels.  Easy to charge and never let me down.     I have the gb40.  I wish i went a little bigger, but for gas motors it works great.

Online 32bttln

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 09:34:33 PM »
Agreed. I have a NOCO and can't tell you how many times it has been put to good use. Starting dead cars, boats or just charging cell phones.

Online sotto

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 09:59:46 PM »
Jump-N-Cary. I have the 12v/24v for years and never lets me down. The 12v only is a little less pricy, but shpuld work fine for your needs.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFJLP6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_hZP-EbWSV6XT6

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:01:41 PM by sotto »

Online morph860

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
Vehicle jump starters
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 10:17:45 PM »
I have the NOCO GB40 as well. Haven’t used it to jump a car yet, but worked great on my lawn tractor and to charge USB devices. Bought it after my buddies truck battery died while we were tailgating. Easy to bring along just in case.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 11:26:04 PM by morph860 »

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 11:40:49 PM »
I have only watched a couple of minutes of this video, but perhaps it is useful.  I dunno.

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 05:38:49 AM »
Sell the boat.  Problem solved.
Wasn't my boat. Thankful. It was a money pit.  ;D
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 05:52:00 AM »
I have only watched a couple of minutes of this video, but perhaps it is useful.  I dunno.

Seen that vid a while ago, guy does a pretty good job reviewing those jump starters. Originally ordered the Audew 1000a li-ion jumper over a week ago when it had a combo of 22% off the $59.99 price on Amazon. Despite being listed by Amazon as In Stock. It never shipped. Seller was worthless and blamed it on Amazon Fulfillment. Amazon couldn't tell me why it hadn't shipped despite being listed as In Stock the whole time my order languished unsent. Gave it a week before canceling the order. Too bad as that jumper pack looked like a good deal for the price.

There are many off brand (Chinese) lower cost li-ion battery jumpers out there which are identical in battery pack features and size. Only the outside housing is different and which cables included vary. Some, like the Audew 1000a, don't include a wall charger instead relying on the user to supply a compatible wall charger to charge the battery. They bury that tidbit in the fine print of the device details.

Noco is the way to go but they are very pricey compared to off brand units of the same capabilities/size.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online Masked

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
    • Smith Tactical
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
I have a Noco G40 - Works great, I've jumped more than a few people with it.

Unfortunately, Hummer is too big for it so, just bought a new Noco the other day.

We'll see how she goes.

FFL 07 + SOT located in Oxford CT
www.Smith-Tactical.com
203-850-7770

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 06:51:28 AM »
Got an email from the "seller" of the Audew 1000a Li-ion battery pack jump starter I tried to order weeks ago but never shipped. Still no real explanation of why the order didn't ship in five business days despite Amazon indicating the product was "in stock" the whole time. Nor does it indicate that the product would be shipped immediately when ordered and not suffer the same days long delay. Basically just a pile of words.

We notice that your order has been canceled.
We feel so sorry for the long delay and have contacted Amazon about this order.
Amazon offers scheduled delivery service on the order that fulfilled by them, and it will be marked on the checkout page with an associated delivery date and shipping fee.
Due to the delivery capacity, the Amazon fulfillment center may need more days to deliver your package. But the order status will still be marked as "no delay" in the fulfillment system until the scheduled delivery date.
We feel so sorry for the negative experience that you had.
If you still need this item, we can request a promotion code for you and cover the expedited shipping fee of your order.
Please feel free to contact us or the brand official website, if you have any further questions about the order and the item.

Hopefully there will be some good deals this July 4th weekend. Will be keeping an eye on this search link to hopefully grab a quick deal on a jump starter.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=deals+of+the+day+lightning+deals+jump+starter
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:53:14 AM by sbhaven »
- Ayn Rand

Online 2BearArms

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »

For a dependable battery, I used to be all about Optima. They tend to die suddenly right around when the warranty is up. The "yellow" deep cycle Optima batteries were used in Iraq, Marines told me the trick to reviving them is to drop a dead one straight-down onto the ground from about 10 feet. Tried it on one left for dead and it worked.

I wonder if the drop trick would work (if it doesn’t crack the case) on other batteries. I assume that what is happening is the battery probably has a sulfation (?) build up and dropping it might cause the buildup to dislodge and drop off the lead plates. But it would then go to the bottom and I don’t know if that would cause other problems. Would it dissolve? I probably have an old motorcycle battery lying around that I might try that on.

I am following this thread because I have been thinking of getting a jumper pack.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal