News: **** New feature for SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIPS & VENDORS ONLY ****
Your classifieds ads will be cross-posted on our facebook page.
It will link directly to it but no price will be shown.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Fordham Student Charged With Hate Crime By University Sends Message  (Read 420 times)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Offline indawire

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • Old enough to have had a draft card.
Re: Fordham Student Charged With Hate Crime By University Sends Message
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »
Good for you kid, stand up and show Fordham that not not everyone under 25 is not some left wing snowflake. When the cancel culture starts to dictate what you can say and do, you better be ready to rock.

Offline undecided

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »
Sorry, but I don't see why people feel the need to post their life on any social media. Fordham is in the wrong here and they will lose but this kid lacks brains.

Offline indawire

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • Old enough to have had a draft card.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 11:30:36 AM »
How do you manage to deduce the kid lacks brains? I must have missed that part of the video.

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »
Sorry, but I don't see why people feel the need to post their life on any social media. Fordham is in the wrong here and they will lose but this kid lacks brains.
Very simple question. Why do you post or comment here?

Posting to social media is the same. People having things they want to say so they say it. Whether it be here or on social media. Point is not that he said something on social media, point is that anything he said related to guns was going to get him into trouble with Fordham U. It is simply an extension of the cancel culture. Doesn't matter where you say something that goes against the purity of the cancel culture, if the mob sees it they will come calling to cancel you.

We already have K-12 schools going after what kids do outside of school. This is no different.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Offline undecided

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
Not the same, here is a community of mostly like minded individuals with some form of anonymity. I would never post what I post here to a social media outlet where it could be seen by entities that could negatively impact my life.

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
Not the same, here is a community of mostly like minded individuals with some form of anonymity. I would never post what I post here to a social media outlet where it could be seen by entities that could negatively impact my life.
It is exactly the same. While you may think you have anonymity here chances are someone with time and desire could find out plenty of information about you by aggregating the information in all of your past posts. There are companies out there that are paid to dig into people's lives (usually screening for employment purposes). While portions of this site may not be scanned by the search engine robots some information is still accessible. While it's also nice to think (and assume) we are all like minded people, nothing stops an anti from joining and lurking or even posting some neutral posts. There is no doubt anti's and othersare reading what is posted to this website. Likewise there are companies who pay people to do stuff like that.

No, in this day and age one should never post anything to the internet that they don't want police or their employer or even their spouse/significant other to see. As some are finding out, once on the internet, and even if one thinks its private, it can find its way into the public domain (sometimes quite easily).
- Ayn Rand

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 08:26:03 AM »
I think I'm starting to see how you came up with your username.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.
-richief

Offline undecided

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »
It is exactly the same. While you may think you have anonymity here chances are someone with time and desire could find out plenty of information about you by aggregating the information in all of your past posts. There are companies out there that are paid to dig into people's lives (usually screening for employment purposes). While portions of this site may not be scanned by the search engine robots some information is still accessible. While it's also nice to think (and assume) we are all like minded people, nothing stops an anti from joining and lurking or even posting some neutral posts. There is no doubt anti's and othersare reading what is posted to this website. Likewise there are companies who pay people to do stuff like that.

No, in this day and age one should never post anything to the internet that they don't want police or their employer or even their spouse/significant other to see. As some are finding out, once on the internet, and even if one thinks its private, it can find its way into the public domain (sometimes quite easily).
Notice, I said 'some form of anonymity', not total anonymity. I am sorry but posting your actual face with a weapon under an account with your real name, etc, is not the same as posting on a firearm  related forum under an alias/avatar. Why make things easy for whomever may want to cause you harm?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal