News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Monster Hunter - Movie  (Read 121 times)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Monster Hunter - Movie
« on: October 15, 2020, 07:55:02 AM »
Stars Milla Jovovich.

Edit to add: Movie is based on a video game, not the Monster Hunter International series by Larry Correia.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:57:31 AM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online Durham68

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
Re: Monster Hunter - Movie
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
Stars Milla Jovovich.

Edit to add: Movie is based on a video game, not the Monster Hunter International series by Larry Correia.

Damn. I was so excited for a second thinking it was finally going to be the film version of MHI.

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »
Damn. I was so excited for a second thinking it was finally going to be the film version of MHI.
Yeah me too. Any time I see the words Monster Hunter I perk up hoping is MHI.  :bowrofl:
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online toker

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 05:09:15 PM »
I've given up any hope for a MHI series on TV or movies. Correia supposedly sold the rights to his series years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

If you haven't read his Hard Magic series, it's a great story. I like it better than his MH series.
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

Online Durham68

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 11:12:46 PM »
I've given up any hope for a MHI series on TV or movies. Correia supposedly sold the rights to his series years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

If you haven't read his Hard Magic series, it's a great story. I like it better than his MH series.

Agreed. I liked hard magic a lot.

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 04:43:36 AM »
So, we're all agreed that we were hoping this was MHI. Good.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.
-richief

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 06:41:49 AM »
Yes the Grimnoir Chronicles series of stories are excellent.  :banana:

Edit to add: I've often wondered if the reason MHI hasn't made it to the screen (movie, tv or streaming) is because of Correia's political leanings and things he's said in the past about SWJ and liberals. There is a war within the SciFi/Fantasy book genre community over the Hugo Awards (decidedly left leanings recently) book nominee's and Correia's Sad Puppies campaign.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 06:50:06 AM by sbhaven »
- Ayn Rand

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 06:23:14 AM »
Edit to add: I've often wondered if the reason MHI hasn't made it to the screen (movie, tv or streaming) is because of Correia's political leanings and things he's said in the past about SWJ and liberals.

It is exactly that. I forget exactly how I know that, it was something I saw on Youtube a few years ago- might have been Joe Rogan- with either him or Mike Kupari, talking about getting the Dead Six Chronicles published. Or maybe it was the guy who actually did the publishing. Bottom line, There are way too many self-important Karens out there who subscribe to the Tipper Gore school of moral policing.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.
-richief

Online undecided

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 07:28:19 PM »
Stars Milla Jovovich.

mmmm, I expected better CGI in 2020. The monsters look fake.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal