News: **** New feature for SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIPS & VENDORS ONLY ****
Your classifieds ads will be cross-posted on our facebook page.
It will link directly to it but no price will be shown.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk  (Read 266 times)

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
Re: Trump: I’ll Sign National Reciprocity if It Reaches My Desk
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
The bump stock ban was a bad thing.  I am against the ban.  But, that does not change the fact that bump stocks were/are purchased to circumvent the NFA.

Warm and fuzzy feelings about bump stocks do not change the facts.  If people don't want to have their items banned then repeal the NFA, the Hughes amendment, and get the ATF shut down.

Online NiCKZ

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 03:50:56 PM »
The bump stock ban was a bad thing.  I am against the ban.  But, that does not change the fact that bump stocks were/are purchased to circumvent the NFA.

Warm and fuzzy feelings about bump stocks do not change the facts.  If people don't want to have their items banned then repeal the NFA, the Hughes amendment, and get the ATF shut down.

Nothing in government gets repealed. It takes 2 weeks to get signed into law and then a revolution, boiling over from 200 years of oppression, to repeal anything, much like Obamacare.

That's why people are fighting everyday to NOT be in the position where something needs to be repealed.

Online toker

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 04:17:58 PM »
What a joke. The Republicans had all three branches when Trump came into office and did nothing with the National Reciprocity bills. I doubt they'll take back the House this year, so this is just another promise that means nothing.

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

Online BishopofBling

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 04:32:51 PM »

To touch on your point that we would have been so much better off with Hillary; We might have. In Obama's 8 years, there was almost no anti-2A legislation. Under Trump's 3 years; Red flag laws get praised, "Take the guns first, due process comes after" and also the bump-stock ban. Do we need to get into Bush Sr's Assault Weapon Ban? What about Reagan's Firearm Owner's Protection Act; You know, the one that banned civilian purchase of full-auto firearms.

B-b-b-but I thought the DEMORATS were the anti-gun ones how can this be?!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:34:15 PM by BishopofBling »

Online jgect

• Forum Contributor
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »
The notion that we would be better off if Hillary had been President requires further consideration.  Obama gave us 2 virulently anti-2A Supreme Court justices.  Sotomayor has stated there is no individual right to private self-defense with guns.

Obama also appointed lower court judges who supported the notion that gun makers could be held liable for the actions of 3rd parties.

Hillary would have had more appointments and left us with a 5-4 or 6-3 anti-2A bunch of Supremes.  That may happen one day and when it does, say goodbye to 2A.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal