News: **If you're a Business**. Please do not post info about your company or business services unless you are permitted to do so
by the Admin. This rule has not been enforced much in the past, but with more paid vendors now, it has to be fair to them.
You can contact 'mrnuke' on the forum how to become a Supporting Vendor on the forum or an Advertiser. Thank You --Admin

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: 2020 deer hunting  (Read 183 times)

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
2020 deer hunting
« on: October 17, 2020, 08:53:39 PM »
Any CTG members have any luck yet?  I shot a doe today around 5:30. 125 grain broad head from about 20 yards away. I felt like it was a good shot. We will see if I can find her tomorrow morning. I’ve got a lot of activity on my trail cam. Can’t wait for the rut!!

Online Swinging Steel

• PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: 2020 deer hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 09:21:41 PM »
Glad to hear someone is getting some. They are pretty thick in my spot, but I dont anticipate having time to hunt this year with a second kid just added to the mix.

Hope you find her before the coy dogs do. Party on.

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »
Glad to hear someone is getting some. They are pretty thick in my spot, but I dont anticipate having time to hunt this year with a second kid just added to the mix.

Hope you find her before the coy dogs do. Party on.

I hear ya man. I’m busy with kids too. I set up my ground blind at 4:45 This was a last minute decision. I had my kids hockey and football today so hunting was an afterthought. Sure enough like clockwork they came in around 5:30.  My activity has been good on my trail cam. I love the private property suburban hunting. Haha.

Online shermer-high

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 07:24:26 AM »
I have a buddy that got a doe yesterday. Private property suburban areas is the best or at least semi suburban My friend and I used to shoot 4 deer and limit on turkeys every year. Ever since I lost  my private land I haven't had much luck getting more property and state land is tough. I didn't even see a deer last year. This year is the first year for my 12 year old to get to shoot he's been hunting for years. He got a hen Mallard on youth day for ducks a couple weeks ago and a goose last week. If I had good property to take him for deer I would but but it would be much to boring for a young kid to not even see anything.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:26:04 AM by shermer-high »

Online Bottom Rung

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 07:47:35 PM »
I just signed two private land permits earlier today.

The guys were bow hunting my neighbor’s property and they seemed decent enough.  As long as they keep me in the loop as to when they are going in and out of my property we should be good.

Hopefully, they have a good time.

Online shermer-high

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 06:50:03 AM »
I just signed two private land permits earlier today.

The guys were bow hunting my neighbor’s property and they seemed decent enough.  As long as they keep me in the loop as to when they are going in and out of my property we should be good.

Hopefully, they have a good time.
Bow hunting is how I started deer hunting 25 years ago because it was hunting I could do before duck season started.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal